Gosund WiFi dimmer replacing firmware

well, I'm afraid that perhaps the status LED is controlled by the script and not the template... I've tried all possible configurations of the LEDi variable with no change in behavior

I have purchased several of the Gosund SW2 dimmer switches over the past year and have been able to successfully load the Tasmota firmware using the OTA method.  Recently I purchase a 4-pack of the switches off of Amazon that seem to be a newer design than the previous ones.  The OTA flashing does not work but I was able to load the tasmota firmware using the serial flash method.  I have tried several different flavors of firmware but the result is always a very flaky response to commands from the web interface and also the physical switch itself.  In the console, I can see all the commands are being received by the switch but they don't always actually change the dimmer setting or even the on/off setting.  The datecode on these switches is "Date Code: 12/2020".  I have tried two out of the four switches that I have with the same results on both.  Has anyone else had luck with recently purchased SW2 switches?

Yeah here purchased my Gosund SW2 dimmers back in July, 2020.  Reading this on the Tasmota templates page I did not think I would be able to use OTA Tuya convert on them and I did.

Gosund SW2 Dimmer Template

Tuya-Convert might not be possible for this device if the manufacturer started using newest Tuya firmware since this template was published (2019-12-10).

In order to be able to flash the device from the pins, make sure to disconnect the front panel from the rest of the device. If not done, the tuya MCU will prevent the ESP chip to be flash.
To use the script, you have to compile Tasmota with Scripting enabled. A precompiled binary from development branch is availiable here.
All dimming and on/off functionality is controlled by an MCU that does not follow the Tuya protocol. Dimming and on/off can be set by Tasmota using simple serial commands. Reading local dimming when set by the capacitive touch panel requires a Script-enabled build and the script below to process serial status codes sent by the dimmer MCU.
Status codes take the form of 24xx012123, with xx ranging from 01 to 64 (hex 1-100).
Minimum dimming level may vary by light fixture - adjust the ‘off’ value to match your setup in the >D section.
I did initially use the posted script then a Cocoontech user @gbg108  posted a custom Tasmota bin that worked with the dimmer switch.
I would suggest getting older manufactured Gosund dimmer switches.

@pete_c, thanks for info. I did try @gbg108's firmware and had the same issue. In general it works but less than 50% of the commands that I send actually take effect.

I'd love to find the older modules however I'm not sure that's possible for me since I'm purchasing them off of Amazon.

Maybe Ebay.  You can ask about the date code before purchasing them.  I am only using GBG's firmware here.  Maybe clear the chips using ESPTool a couple of times.  Then write the Tasmota bin.

@pete_c , I followed complete instructions to flash tasmota v9.0.0.3_GS1.2 on Gosund dimmer . I am able to control it using web UI but physical dimming is not working, could you please help me to understand what wrong I am doing here. 

I am fairly new to tasmota and IOT, so would appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Amol

@Amol,

Welcome to the Cocoontech forum.

Are you seeing changes in the console of the switch when physically touching or moving the virtual slider on the switch?

Hi @Pete_c, 
I am seeing changes in the console of the switch when physically touching or moving the virtual slider only once . If I switch off the dimmer from physically and again switch it back then I dont see changes in console, I must do dimming and switch on/off from console once to use physical dimmer.

I was able to successfully flash 2 dimmers earlier this month using OTA with opening and soldering. Model are DS1 , so I ordered same models but these are not working correctly. 

I  also noticed one difference in working dimmer and this dimmer is Flash size , all working dimmer have 1024kB size and this dimmer has 2048kB size, not sure if this is problem or not. But issue I am facing is physical function and console function are not in sync.

Would appreciate your help.

I recently bought Gosund SW2 and DS1 model and tried to use Tuya converter on raspberry pi. 
  1. git clone hxxps://github.com/ct-Open-Source/tuya-convert
  2. cd tuya-convert
  3. ./install_prereq.sh
  4. ./start_flash.sh
But it didnt work , tuya covert was not able to find the dimmer, is it because Gosund has upgraded the chip and we can't use Tuya convert to flash dimmer using OTA?

Any recent experience from people would help to understand new way to flash these dimmers. 

Take it apart and take a picture of the board.  Thinking you can manually update it.  

Have a look at this video ==>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3WW4NVYHrU[/youtube]

I saw his lot of videso but didnt find any perticular video for Gosund Dimmer DS1, I was able to flash the dimmer using serial port but my challenge is tasmota_v9.0.0.3_GS1.2.bin template is not stable and dimmer is not working as expected. 

Will buy new model and will try again . Thanks for sharing.

Try the original Tasmota template posted here around post #1 as described here ==>

Gosund SW2 Dimmer

This one had its issues but it worked for me.

1 - upload the Tasmota scripting bin
2 - copy and paste the script that is posted on the site

Back