HAI OmniPro II Alarm Trouble

bobsim73

I have an HAI OmniPro II that I use for my security and home automation since 2005.  I replaced the board with a current one about three years ago.  The software was updated five days ago when I added more light switches to the home.  The backup battery was replaced on 3/2014 and still shows a 12v charge.

Last night just before 11 PM the sirens began to sound however the alarm did not show any troubles.  The keypad kept showing that "system ok".  I disarmed the alarm and about ten seconds later, they sirens went off again.  This happened over and over again whether the alarm was armed or disarmed.  Finally the only recourse I had was to unhook the backup battery and power down the alarm.  I have left the alarm powered down and was hoping someone would have some insight on what may be wrong with the system. 

Thank You

First step I would do is to simply remove the output wire for the siren and power the system back up. Even if it goes to alarm state, you won't hear it. You can always put either a 12V light or a cheap piezo buzzer on the output so you know when it is in alarm mode as you test things out.

I would look at the logs to see if there is anything showing that could have tripped it. Is it possible an unused zone is programmed that could possibly trip it? Are the sirens using a speaker driver? If so, possibly that is bad and causing the siren output. Several things to look at, but you can't do any of it with the system powered down.

Back