Need help with extended range temp/humidity sensor

GeorgieC. Yes adding another power supply would be a good idea. You can add a GRI water sensor without using a resistor.
On the HAI its either all zones with resistors or no zones with resistors. I've installed many GRI water sensors. 2 and 4 wire ones.
The 2 wire ones (2800) are powered by the panel. The 4 wire ones (2600) can run off separate power.
Don
Don, can you tell me more about how to connect the water sensor? The OnQ panel is the same in that you must have all zones with resistors or no zones with resistors. I thought I had understood from the instructions with the water sensor that it needed the resistor. I have the 2800.

You have the 2 wire 2800. You attach directly to any zone. Please read the attached GRI instructions. When it senses water it needs 400mA to trigger the zone. You can't install this sensor until you have more power available. You would be better off with a 2600 4-wire version so you can plug in to an auxiliary power supply as we discussed.
Don

Attachments

• Surface Mount Water Contact Sensor 2800 Series.pdf
    470 KB · Views: 1
Okay, guys, what do I need to do step by step before I replace the chip? I don't know my way around PC Access that well. Upload means to save the information to my laptop, right? And download means to send it to the OnQ panel? I have uploaded the information in the past but then not been able to open it, it always wants to open the original file made in 2015.

What version of OnQ PC Access do you have again?
Your earlier message shows you have version 1.9 of PC Access. Have you checked for a help file? I ask because I have not used a version that old.
One way to tell which way to bring the current file into your PC is to look at the options. If there is an option to bring back the log file, that is the way to go to save your current config. On version 2.16 of OnQ PC Access the choice is "Upload to PC"
Don

Last edited:
Download from this link that Pete_C provided:

Its in the last message on page 4.

Remember you must first get a copy of your systems current config in to your pc using your OnQ PC Access.
This is critical. I would print the config out or at least write down the most important stuff like:

Phone numbers and contract number for your monitoring service stored in the OmniLT
Codes
Zone names and types

Then replace the chip
Then use the new HAI/Leviton PC Access to manually enter the info.
Make sure you understand these steps and ask questions first.

Don

Download from this link that Pete_C provided:

Its in the last message on page 4.

Remember you must first get a copy of your systems current config in to your pc using your OnQ PC Access.
This is critical. I would print the config out or at least write down the most important stuff like:

Phone numbers and contract number for your monitoring service stored in the OmniLT
Codes
Zone names and types

Then replace the chip
Then use the new HAI/Leviton PC Access to manually enter the info.
Make sure you understand these steps and ask questions first.

Don
Thank you, Don!

When I install the new PC Access, when it gets to the part where I have to enter a security stamp, does it need to be the same as my old one or am I starting over completely?

You are starting over completely. No harm in using the same one as before.
Okay, I'm slowly getting there. I got all my settings down. Now, after installing the new chip, what's the next step? Do I need to connect with the serial port? I bought a usb-to-serial-port adapter but did not have success connecting with the board as it is. I noticed on the Novo Solutions page they recommend the ones made by Keyspan, do you think I need to invest in one of these? http://kb.homeauto.com/default.asp?id=428&SID=&Lang=1

Georgie,
Did the System come up and give you a display on the keypad?
Are you running a different PC than you were before?
Your were connecting to the system before....
If you are on a newer PC without a serial port you do need the usb adapter.
What com port is assigned to the USB adapter?
You need to select that in PC Access under commuincation.
What error message do you get when you try to connect?
Don

Georgie,
Did the System come up and give you a display on the keypad?
Are you running a different PC than you were before?
Your were connecting to the system before....
If you are on a newer PC without a serial port you do need the usb adapter.
What com port is assigned to the USB adapter?
You need to select that in PC Access under commuincation.
What error message do you get when you try to connect?
Don
We are able to connect with the serial port on the old laptop which is Windows xp, then we tried putting the adapter on the newer laptop (Windows 7) which doesn't have a serial port to see if that would work. PC Access opened and seemed to be online but none of the settings would open, they were just grayed out. It was set on com port 1 and when that wasn't working, we tried different ones. There was no error message, it just didn't seem to be able to communicate. Is it possible that my old version of PC Access just didn't work with Windows 7?

Not likely. I have the current version of PC Access running on 7, 8.1 and 10.
Did you install the drivers for your usb-serial adapter?
Which com ports show available when you go to Options - serial? Is the word COM in caps or lower case (it matters).
Do the leds above the serial port on the OmniLT flicker when you try to connect? What is displayed on the HAI console?
What error message to you see in PC Access? Its on the lower left and goes by quickly. When I try to connect serial without a cable, I get
Com Status: Unable to Open Socket (50). You may want to read the attached file posted by an HAI programmer a long time ago.
Don

Attachments

• Com Ports in PC Access.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 2
Well, having a bad time. Put in the new chip and just getting a 'no controller data' message. Can't connect via PC Access.

Well, having a bad time. Put in the new chip and just getting a 'no controller data' message. Can't connect via PC Access.
You need to get the "no controller data message" solved first. Most likely the eprom you installed is not happy. Please remove, make sure all legs of the chip are straight and carefully install it again. What part number is on the chip you installed?

Back