NQ Link - Android App for OmniPro II

HAI default Port is 4369 and once forwarded NQLink Pro works fine with my Android from anywhere.

- update biometric grant controller password for android 9(P) (face recognition and fingerprint).

I purchased the from GooglePlay Store for $30.99 (Version 4.3.1),...

Loaded it...,
setup an account to link to my OmniPro II,...
gone through the Retrieve Setup process a few times,..
it connects, and I can see the app pulling my unit names, and about 20 seconds through Retrieval, a popup screen appears saying lost connection and stops the process?

Is this an error on my side, or a bug in the app?

I can't find any threads on ho wto fix this issue.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

Regards,
Bernie     

It Omni-Link Pro is soooo much better than the snap-link could ever be.

I have been using it for over 2 years now.

It is amazing what the developer did, how he is still improving the app and providing outstanding support when requested.

I've loaded the App, version 4.3.1, on a Android phone, and setup an account for my OmniPro II.

Everything connects, as I can see my named units downloading during the Retrieve SetUp process, but it looses connection about 20 seconds into the process, and will not finish the setup?

There is no contact info to reach out to for help.  The website link in Global Play Store take you to the YouTube account of "Ha Tien Hung", which is I assume is the person that wrote the App. 

I posted the issue on his YouTube page, but have not seen any response.  

So far, it's not been usable for me.  

He is usually very good and prompt at responding to these posts. Give him a day or so. 

I've been trying for a few days to get support as NQ Link is not working.  

I sent a message via YouTube, Skype and posted in this forum; and  haven't seen any support

What is the proper way to get a response?

Are there other options like NQLink available?

If so, what's recommended as SnapLink is no longer being support for newer version of Androids.

Thanks,
Bernie

Have you removed the account in Nqlink and tried again?  Do you have other things connected to your panel such as PC Access or HIFI 2?  

Yes, I deleted the account and reentered.

Nothing else is connected to the panel

NQLink runs through retrieving/loads Zone Areas, Units, Audio, User Codes, and crashes right after getting the Thermostats. 

In all attempts, it looses connection at the exact same point during retrieving the panels info.

The author hangs here Cocoontech a bunch and typically responds to any questions relating to support.  He is in VietNam and I am hoping all is well over there.

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on February 27, removed Vietnam from the list of destinations vulnerable to community transmission of COVID-19 citing’s Vietnam’s comprehensive actions against the epidemic. The CDC will also send a delegation in March to enhance medical cooperation between the US and Vietnam. It also plans to establish a CDC regional office in the country.

For the past 15 days, including on Friday , the government also detected no new cases of infections, the last one having been reported on February 13, even as a village north of Hanoi remains under a 20-day lockdown. ==> dub dub dub dot vietnam-briefing dot com.

Personally have switched to using L2TP / IPSec to call home these days.  Works great for security, CCTV and Automation.  Installs fine on Microsoft, Android or iOS.

No need to open up any ports on your firewall this way.  Much easier when working with multiple devices or servers on your home network.

Can you make a backup copy of the PC access config and then remove the thermostats in the config and write back to the controller then try to pull the config to app?  Maybe it is just hanging up on one thing.   Bad name or character.   I dont know if there is a log or debugging mode.  Just trying to give you some ideas before the developer weighs in..

centerscape said:
pete_C - Thanks for the info...  Yes, hope all is well there.

myyaz23 - Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it,

Sorry to reply late, The sound look like we need upgrade controller firmware. What's current version firmware of your controller?

I still have the old 2-Layered Board, with an old version (2.16a), which is not flashavle.

I'm trying to get a 4.0b chip, but Leviton stopped supporting selling new chips in August of 2019

Back