Omnipro II fire alarm help

hldr

We built a house two years ago and prewired for an omni system. We had someone do the wiring for us (listed on hai's website as a dealer) but we are going to do the install our-self. we installed a standard fire alarm system for code and also wired for several additional fire alarms for the omnipro. in looking at the wiring for the fire alarms - it appears that he put in a large two wire loop that will looks like this:

omnipro====alarm=====alarm====alarm====alarm/end of line

the line ends at the last alarm in the garage. is this going to work? i picked up some system sensor 4wta-b smoke detectors awhile back thinking I had a 4 wire install. now im confused. I guess ill have 4 wires when i cut the line at each alarm.

does four wires mean 2 in from the omnipro and 2 out to the next device?

Do i need a EOL relay module? I assume that would go at the End Of Line at the last smoke.

I am buying from Automated Outlet since i live in the dfw area.

Thanks for the great resource.

Heath

The # of wires dictated on a circuit are the in and out....a 2 wire circuit has 2 incoming and 2 outgoing (or an EOLR). A 4 wire circuit has 8 conductors, and requires a power supervision relay at the last detector.

so i guess there is no way to make this work with the 4wta-b detectors that i have without running more wire?

if so what do you recommend that i get?

Since it sounds like your installer only ran a single pair as a daisy, you're going to be limited to using the 4 onboard 2 wire fire zones, otherwise, you're going to need to add hardware to have more.

Irregardless, you're going to be buying different smokes.

Back