OmniPro II - trigger from standalone Zwave controller?

johnmhome

I have a bunch of Zwave switches and controllers - stuff like the 4 button VRCS4. All are working fine. I use the ControlThink stuff to setup and add a switch when I need to.

I've also written OmniPro code that does the usual stuff based on triggers, including triggering when a light is turned on/off.

The challenge I now have is to trigger a macro when a button on a controller is pressed, when that button has no switch associated with it. I want to do this because there are functions I want the HAI unit to perform that are not related to lighting, and I have buttons on the controllers that are spare.

If I associate a switch with the button, by creating a scene or whatever, then of course it's easy.

But how do I get the Omni to trigger a code block when no switch exists?

Thanks in advance

John mMarshall

I have a bunch of Zwave switches and controllers - stuff like the 4 button VRCS4. All are working fine. I use the ControlThink stuff to setup and add a switch when I need to.

I've also written OmniPro code that does the usual stuff based on triggers, including triggering when a light is turned on/off.

The challenge I now have is to trigger a macro when a button on a controller is pressed, when that button has no switch associated with it. I want to do this because there are functions I want the HAI unit to perform that are not related to lighting, and I have buttons on the controllers that are spare.

If I associate a switch with the button, by creating a scene or whatever, then of course it's easy.

But how do I get the Omni to trigger a code block when no switch exists?

Thanks in advance

John mMarshall

You can use the Leviton RF Installer tool software to program the associations for each scene controller. I don’t use the control think software so I am not sure how/if it can be done using it. Under Associations you need to switch the desired scene controller button to Scene and program hai to run a program when that node and scene button is pressed. Dont forget to hit the program button within the installer tool to program the scene controllers (its the green arrow icon)

Examples:
13. // 1st Floor Scene Controller
14. // Button 1 - Hello
15. WHEN 1st Floor Scene Controller BUTTON 1 ON
WHEN 1st Floor Scene Controller BUTTON 1 OFF
WHEN Hello
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Family Room - Recessed TO 50%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Kitchen Recessed TO 100%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Kitchen - Pantry TO 100%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Kitchen - Sink TO 100%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Kitchen - Dinette TO 75%
16. // Button 2 - Relax
17. WHEN 1st Floor Scene Controller BUTTON 2 ON
WHEN 1st Floor Scene Controller BUTTON 2 OFF
WHEN Relax
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Family Room - Recessed TO 35%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Stairs - Main Up TO 5%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Kitchen - Cabinet TO 20%
THEN Foyer - Chandelier OFF
THEN Foyer - Closet Recessed OFF
THEN Living Room - Recessed OFF
THEN Dining Room - Spots OFF
THEN Dining Room - Chandelier OFF
THEN Kitchen Recessed OFF
THEN Kitchen - Pantry OFF
THEN Kitchen - Sink OFF
THEN Kitchen - Dinette OFF
THEN Niche Hallway - Recessed OFF
THEN Niche OFF
18. // Button 3 - Entertain
19. WHEN 1st Floor Scene Controller BUTTON 3 ON
WHEN 1st Floor Scene Controller BUTTON 3 OFF
WHEN Entertain
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Foyer - Chandelier TO 75%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Foyer - Closet Recessed TO 75%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Living Room - Recessed TO 75%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Dining Room - Spots TO 75%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Dining Room - Chandelier TO 75%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Kitchen Recessed TO 75%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Kitchen - Cabinet TO 20%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Kitchen - Pantry TO 75%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Kitchen - Sink TO 75%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Kitchen - Dinette TO 75%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Family Room - Recessed TO 75%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Stairs - Main Up TO 75%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Niche Hallway - Recessed TO 75%
THEN SET LIGHTING LEVEL Niche TO 50%
20. // Button 4 - Goodbye
21. WHEN 1st Floor Scene Controller BUTTON 4 ON
WHEN 1st Floor Scene Controller BUTTON 4 OFF
WHEN Goodbye
THEN ALL UNITS OFF

looks like the shortcoming is with the ControlThink stuff - I just can't figure out how to make a scene controller appear in the network unless it corresponds to an installed light. I guess I'll have to buy the Leviton USB stick.

Thanks for replying.

Actually, can you clarify something?

I understand how the ZWave node number corresponds to a room/unit number for lights. Do controllers correspond to HAI scene numbers in a similar way?

John m.

looks like the shortcoming is with the ControlThink stuff - I just can't figure out how to make a scene controller appear in the network unless it corresponds to an installed light. I guess I'll have to buy the Leviton USB stick.

Thanks for replying.

The ControlThink USB is the same thing as the Leviton USB they use the same firmware. I have both and I took them apart and they are exactly the same. Dont let anyone tell you different.

Back