OmniTouch 7

An OT7 we have in the lab started acting up and would turn off it's display and LED power indicator, seemingly dead. Disconnecting PoE power resulted in the device booting slowly, flashing the screen a couple of times, then appearing to be dead again, then as it started to boot, the interesting part; the background was black but the display showed signal strength bars (light you would see with Wi-Fi or cellular), a battery charge indicator (like you would see on an Android mobile device), and the time at 12:00 at the top right.  A few seconds later, the OT showed the Leviton boot logo and was back to being active.

I found it interesting that the boot code would show the signal strength bars, battery charge indicator given the OT supposedly has no wi-fi and no battery.  Has anyone checked the chipset yet to see if a wi-fi radio is already included or has anyone hear their may be a wireless OT7 in the works?

FW 1.8

StarTrekDoors said:
An OT7 we have in the lab started acting up and would turn off it's display and LED power indicator, seemingly dead. Disconnecting PoE power resulted in the device booting slowly, flashing the screen a couple of times, then appearing to be dead again, then as it started to boot, the interesting part; the background was black but the display showed signal strength bars (light you would see with Wi-Fi or cellular), a battery charge indicator (like you would see on an Android mobile device), and the time at 12:00 at the top right.  A few seconds later, the OT showed the Leviton boot logo and was back to being active.

I found it interesting that the boot code would show the signal strength bars, battery charge indicator given the OT supposedly has no wi-fi and no battery.  Has anyone checked the chipset yet to see if a wi-fi radio is already included or has anyone hear their may be a wireless OT7 in the works?

FW 1.8
This is just because it's running Android. No Wi-Fi radio on board, but it may be possible to get a USB radio working (I believe it has a USB port IIRC).

Hello,

I have been spinning my wheels over trying to get my IP cameras on my Omnitouch 7 keypads for the last couple months and had given up on it since I tried everything. I noticed tonight there was an update for the Omnitouch 7 Keypad (Version 1.12). I downloaded it and hoped it would have resolved my IP camera issue, but it didn't. I discovered this website and saw a handful had helped with getting IP cameras working. I tried several suggestions that were made to other posters, but I was unsuccessful. So maybe someone out there can help me out.

I have an Omni II panel with Omnitouch 7 keypads. I have a Honeywell NVR (http://www.honeywellvideo.com/products/video-systems/recording-devices/nvr/performance-series/797971.html) and 4 Honeywell IP Cameras (H2D1PR1). The cameras can be viewed through a web browser, but requires a plugin.

I have configured the sub stream on these cameras as follows (see below).

Code-Stream Type: General
Encode Mode: MJPEG [Other options H.264 and H.264H]
Resolution: D1 (704*480) [Other options CIF (352*240]
Frame Rate (FPS): 20 [Other options 1-20]
Bit Rate Type: CBR [Grayed out, unless Encode Mode is selected with H.264 options]
Bit Rate: 2048 [Can be customized]

On PC Access, I have tried every single option on FPS(1-20), Quality (Low, Medium, High), Resolution([320*240][640*480]), and including a username and password as well as leaving it blank.

For the address, I have used the IP of the camera (http://192.168.1.201) and I have also tried using the cameras RSTP string(rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1)

I have confirmed this string is working through VLC player.

Any suggestions?

Leviton released Omnitouch7 fw 1.12? That's strange, as we didn't receive the notifications like we usually do...

Oh, wait, Leviton never tells their dealers anything. That's okay: I'll just go check out the release notes so I know what to tell my customers and can plan upgrades as needed...

Oh wait, Leviton doesn't provide a shred of documentation.

On a very related note, has anyone seen the new iPort aluminum flush mounts and their PoE adapter? Sweet!

Lupinglade, if you can somehow get push triggers to Space and get the cameras to "pop" on the touchscreens (and by "touchscreen", I mean iPad), then I will personally send you tons of money!!!

@jcdavis: Space already does pop up cameras just like the OmniTouch ;) We have push notifications coming, but for wall mounting they are not necessary as it will stay connected and you will get notifications.

lupinglade said:
@jcdavis: Space already does pop up cameras just like the OmniTouch ;) We have push notifications coming, but for wall mounting they are not necessary as it will stay connected and you will get notifications.
Yikes. Really? I did not know that. How?

You and I had some conversation a few months ago that I have not had the attention to get back to... I still have some troubles getting the cameras to work, period, in Space. I'm sure it's a user-intelligence problem on my behalf! ;)

But anyway... If the cameras can pop on events already, well, then I guess I need to start writing you a check!

By the way, something I love about Space is the ability to display multiple cameras on a screen - this way, the touchscreens (iPads) can function as mini security monitors. Better still, the room pages let one view multiple cameras AND have commonly accessed controls - brilliant! I just need to figure out the problem I'm having with cameras.

jcdavis said:
Yikes. Really? I did not know that. How?
Just use the show camera command from automation rules just like with the OmniTouch. Make sure you assign a camera number to manually added cameras. Otherwise, if Space picks up the camera from extended setup the camera number is imported as well so it will just work.
You and I had some conversation a few months ago that I have not had the attention to get back to... I still have some troubles getting the cameras to work, period, in Space. I'm sure it's a user-intelligence problem on my behalf! ;)
Let me know if you want to work on the cameras, better, e-mail me with details.
But anyway... If the cameras can pop on events already, well, then I guess I need to start writing you a check!

By the way, something I love about Space is the ability to display multiple cameras on a screen - this way, the touchscreens (iPads) can function as mini security monitors. Better still, the room pages let one view multiple cameras AND have commonly accessed controls - brilliant! I just need to figure out the problem I'm having with cameras.
Finally someone noticed we put some thought into Space ;) Using Rooms is where all the power is at really. :)

jcdavis said:
Leviton released Omnitouch7 fw 1.12? That's strange, as we didn't receive the notifications like we usually do...

PC Access update too.....  :nutz: I wonder if the updates were tested before release?  Hopefully the OT7's will stop locking up every few days - perhaps no more power cycling....... :horse:

PC Access Version 3.15.0.799 (15/October/2015)
- Added OmniTouch 7 Kernel Version 1.1 and OmniTouch 7 Firmware Version 1.12 to the update site.  See Technical Bulletin TB-18 for instructions on installing these updates.

This upgrade improves connection reliability, video connections and eliminates a soft sound that can be heard when you hold your ear up to the speaker. Furthermore, this upgrade will eliminate the possibility of the touchscreen producing a static noise from the speaker that can be heard from a distance. Note that although the static noise is annoying if it happens, it does not pose safety or functionality issues.

Note: These updates must be applied together in order.

The OmniTouch firmware upgrade file (e.g. OmniTouch_7_Version_1.12_99A00-1_2.ot7f) must be applied first.
Wait for the touchscreen to reboot, then the Kernel upgrade file (OmniTouch_7_Kernel_Ver_1_1_99A00-1_2.ot7f) must be applied.
After the OmniTouch 7 restarts, press the Settings icon on the bottom-right of the OmniTouch 7 menu bar.
Press and hold the Settings icon for 3 seconds.
The firmware version is displayed in the title bar. Verify that the Kernel Version is 1.1 or higher.

- Fixed a few typos and text display issues.

FYI...

Well, I upgraded my one OT7 from firmware 1.7 to 1.12  I now have dimming capabilities with my Levition/HAI  UPB dimmable switches but  my old Leviton/HAI X10 dimmable switches still do not dim via the OT7.  The dimmable X10's are only On/Off via the OT7.

They must really want folks to upgrade as they are paying installers to go back out to customers to do this. Hope it is more stable than the last version which I backed out and went back to the previous version. SJ

OT7's did not update time automatically with the DST end. 

Surprisingly, the Email Notifier did update the Omni controllers but apparently the OT7's forgot they were in the same location so were off by an hour..... Shameful given the pain that DST is to manual clocks and watches.  The latest and greatest gadget of the OT7 should have been automatic.

Anyway, we just told customers to restart their OT7s so they would have the correct time.

As a side note, the newest update seems to have stopped the OT7 lockups when sitting idle for a couple of days.

So far, 1.12 is stable indeed.

The camera responsiveness is greatly improved, which is a welcome change.

The "chuffing" sound that was denied to exist by Leviton, then specifically addressed in the release notes for 1.12, is unfortunately NOT fixed, and in fact subjectively now sounds louder than before according to our clients.

But on the whole, 1.12 was an uneventful release - hurray!

So 1.12 definitely stopped the lock ups while just sitting idle but not much of anything else. 

We really could use H.264 support for cameras, would be nice to have a pin lock or app lock to keep unwatned persons, burglars, and kids out of the currently unsecureable consoles, and why can we not "hear" announcements on the OT7, just beeps?  Could use that feature too!

Leviton - any thoughts on this or is there a road map of upcoming features?

Back