Snaplink Mobile crashes retrieving setup from OmniPro II

philgrocks

Hi All,

I searched around and didn't find an answer :-(... So apologize if there is and answer I could not find it.

I have snap link on my phone, has been working well...

I made some changes to the OmniPro II system and wanted the new names.  So I tried to retrieve setup... App crashed.

I deleted and re-entered settings, and the app crashed.

Nothing seems to work. 

Does anyone have a work around?

Leviton has not updated the app in 5 years :-(

--

Is there an another app that doesn't require a subscription?

Thank you!

(I'm on IOS)

Phil

not that I know of.

There are other users here on Cocoontech still using Snaplink mobile for iOS.

Maybe an iPhone using using Snaplink mobile will chime in.

Have a read here==>
Snap link has snapped

I am not much tethered to my cell phones here and typically they are off.   I have no dependencies on any cell phone that I use.

Now using GV as my main cell number which is configured to ring all cell phones or house phones.

That said I have been using Microsoft Leviton Mobile Snaplink on my Windows 11 tablet and Android Mobile Snaplink on my newest Android cell phone and they work fine via VPN as I do not open up any ports on the Firewall these days.  

I also use Homeseer / Omni Plugin and Home Assistant Omnilink Bridge here with my OmniPro 2 panel.   WAN links to home are always via VPN these days.

Although requires a $50 yearly subscription, Myro Home is excellent IMO.  This includes the support they provide as well as ongoing enhancements.  SJ

I have exact same issue, and apparently it is related to ioS 15 (my wife with 14.8 doesn't have the problem).
I tried the free version of Myro:Home and... same issue there - I contacted the support of Myro, let's see. 

Running 15.1 and my Snaplink works fine.  I do have to enter the PIN code twice, but otherwise works, that I can see.

lanciadelta said:
I have exact same issue, and apparently it is related to ioS 15 (my wife with 14.8 doesn't have the problem).
I tried the free version of Myro:Home and... same issue there - I contacted the support of Myro, let's see. 

I'm running Myro:Home on several iOS 15 devices with no issues.....

PhilG said:
Hi All,

I searched around and didn't find an answer :-(... So apologize if there is and answer I could not find it.

I have snap link on my phone, has been working well...

I made some changes to the OmniPro II system and wanted the new names.  So I tried to retrieve setup... App crashed.

I deleted and re-entered settings, and the app crashed.

Nothing seems to work. 

Does anyone have a work around?

Leviton has not updated the app in 5 years :-(

--

Thank you!

(I'm on IOS)

Phil
Just a guess, but I had issues using Myro:Home when I converted my lighting from Zwave to Lutron Radio RA2.  Make sure that your extended setup (rooms/units) is correct.  I missed a few entries (or had some duplicates) and it caused the app to crash....

Hi Phil

Did you get this sorted?

I have the same issue but now cant even open the app....

Ben

I am following this also.

Same issue, crashing while retrieving. Always crashes when it gets to the extended setup retrieval.

Grant

My iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS software version 15.2.1

Snap link was working for me, but discovered an issue when I try to "Retrieve Setup", and the app crashes.

I deleted the app, and re-installed it, now I just get a "Connecting" message with no systems in the app, and i'm unable to go any further.

The Windows version of Snaplink 1.1.9.0 retrieved my new updates from my Omni-ProII controller with no issues.

So, I'd like for others to post what version of iOS software your using, and if your able to do a "Retrieve Setup" without Snaplink crashing.

Response from Leviton, I suggest as many people as possible submit a complaint ticket so they make this a priority.

Hello Grant,
Thanks for contacting Leviton Technical Services! There is an incompatibility issue with Snap-Link and IOS 15. We are currently working on an update. I do not have an ETA, but will notify you once it has been released.

Chris Hensel
Technical Services Representative, Residential
T: 800-824-3005 Option 8
Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.
www.leviton.com | [email protected]

I can confirm that v1.24 has been released and working for Retrieve Setup.

Hello Frank,
Thanks for contacting Leviton Technical Services! The Snap-Link Update (Version 1.24) has been released and is available of update in the Apple App Store. We apologize for the Inconvenience and delay.

Regards.
Chris Hensel
Tech Support Representative, Residential
T: 800-824-3005 Option 8.
Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.
865 Fulton St, Suite 500, New Orleans, LA 70130
www.leviton.com | [email protected]

Thanks for the update Chris,

I saw Snaplink 1.24 on the APP Store this morning (posted yesterday), one of the reasons I wait to update my iPhone since IOS 14.4 or .5 killed HAIKU. I'm still on ios 14.8 because I use SPACE and SnapLink and I wait until I read test results from other users.

I haven't downloaded yet, but enabled Family Sharing this morning and downloaded Space and SnapLink on my wife's iphone and iPad to have a backup.

Back