ekeypad access issues?

mimitche

Is anyone else having issues accessing their Elk and/or ISY devices over the internet via eKeypad?  I'm suddenly unable to connect with my iPhone but all of the settings and network tests look fine.  ekeypad.net appears to be down right now as well; coincidence?

eKeypad makes a direct connection to your panel - it doesn't rely on access to their servers.  You need to check IP Address and port forwarding and general web connectivity.

That's what I thought as well but it seemed like a strange coincidence. Ekeypad.net is back up and I still have the same issue so it was unrelated. Everything still looks fine with the public ip and port forwarding on the firewall. This is via a FIOS connection so I'm going to check and see if they made any changes with regards to port blocking.

Mitch,

It was a coincidence. We say the temporary web site outage as well which appears to have been a hosting provider outage. It has been resolved.

eKeypad does not require any server component to operate. All connections area made directly to your equipment.

Below are a few of the most common issues we see. If none of you efforts including these identifies the issue please send us a support email from within eKeypad. It contains useful diagnostic data. We will be happy to help you troubleshoot this issue in more detail.

- Check is the IP address assigned to your M1-XEP. This should be set to a static IP. If it is set to DHCP (the factory default) a change to the IP can break the port forwarding rules in your router.

- If you are using a dynamic DNS account verify that it is setup with the correct external IP address for your router. Issues with the update client can cause the hostname resolution to redirect eKeypad to the wrong router.

- Take advantage of the network diagnostic tools built into eKeypad. They are very powerful and adequate to diagnose almost all network connection issues. They are accessed by a link on the Support screen.

- Please email is if you have any questions or issues. It pains us to hear of users suffering through issues for an extended period of time. We can always be reached by email directly on the Support screen in eKeypad or through our web site (Assuming it is up! :eek: )

Back