HAI Extended Setup PCA 3.11.0.674 FW 3.11

pete_c

Guru
The Omnitouch Legacy Video server to the Omnitouch 5.7 screens is OK but there is some major pixelation issues with the streaming video. I am now taking the analog feed and amplifying it before going to the Omnitouch Legacy Video server and the Zoneminder CCTV server. I see no pixelation occuring with the Zoneminder streaming HTTP feeds.

I see the Video Server labeled as revision B. I also see a jumper (off) labeled JP2 boot mode 0 (zero). Next to it I see a 10 pin connector or a set of 5 jumpers with no jumpers plugged in.

Is this a way to get a better picture (without the pixelation issues)?

Today playing with:

IP/Analog to CCTV camera connectivity to the OmniTouch 5.7 E POE screen.

Omnitouch 5.7 E has a firmware of 1.0.3.13 / 3.0.0.13

The FAQ here:

http://kb.homeauto.c...204&SID=&Lang=1

States:

Extended Setup configuration information is stored in the HAI controller but is not directly used by the controller. Extended Setup is used by smart user interfaces, such as OmniTouch 5.7e Touchscreens and/or iPhones and iPads using the HAI Snap-Link for iPhone application, to provide additional information about your automation system. It allows some customization and automatic configuration for these devices. For example, you can define your IP cameras in Extended Setup and all of your smart interfaces will be able to access them without having to configure the cameras on each of the respective devices.

IP Cameras: This section allows you to define the IP cameras and/or HAI Camera Servers that will be accessible on your OmniTouch 5.7e and/or iPhone/iPad. You can define the name of the camera, the camera type, IP address/URL, frames per second, quality, resolution, username, and password.

As far as I know I am not using an HAI Automation Studio Design (Omnitouch 5.7 E has a firmware of 1.0.3.13 / 3.0.0.13) but rather the off the shelf firmware for the Omnitouch 5.7E.

USING HAI AUTOMATION STUDIO
If HAI Automation Studio is used to update an OmniTouch 5.7e, then all of the Extended Setup information that is stored in the HAI controller will not be used, except for the Rooms configuration information.
CRITICAL NOTE: If you are using an Automation Studio design, you will have to configure all of the IP cameras, the Music Gateway, and HAI Docks in the Automation Studio project.

The PCA Extended access is very flexible with the choices of:

Invalid, Axis, Panasonic, MJPEG, JPEG, HAI Camera Server (87A00-1), HAI Camera (68A11-1)

I have set up a "test" IP proxy server which proxies from the Zoneminder server and can output in MJPEG or JPEG streaming video.

I configured the Panasonic IP camera as follows and it is working well:

Code:
http://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/nphMotionJpeg?Resolution=640x480&Quality=Clarity

I was able to get it to work connecting directly to the Zoneminder box without going to the second proxy; wow; nice stuff here!

I used the following link to the Zoneminder box:

Code:
http://www.xxx.yyy.zzz/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=single&monitor=1&scale=100&user=USERNAME&pass=USERPASSWORD

I've added 5 cameras. One is an HD RTSP camera which works as well as the analog feeds now.

I am have been migrating all of my CCTV cameras to wide screen pixel size resolutions of

640X368 and 320X168

rather than the standard 4:3 pixel resolutions of:

640X480 and 320X240.

I also do HD streaming from the HD RTSP cameras (multiple streaming stuff) at around 1/2 D resolutions.

On the Omnitouch 5.7 screens if I touch on the video camera display it goes to full screen.

It doesn't do this with the OmniTouch 5.7E display; it would nice if it did this though.

Is there a way to make the image larger or change the pixel sizes from the standard provided in the drop down boxes?

Back