HDTV Connection question

Quixote

I've just ordered a 7900 GTX extreme, and I noticed that it has, in addition to 2 monitor connections, an HDTV connection instead of an S-Video connection. I'm just wondering if it was a bad idea to order it, since I do not have an HDTV connection on my TV. :(

Does anyone here know if I can connect it via S-video? Thanks in advance.

Yep. From http://www.nvidia.com/object/7_series_techspecs.html

Advanced Display Functionality
Dual integrated 400MHz RAMDACs for analog display resolutions up to and including 2048x1536 at 85Hz
Dual-link DVI capability to drive the industry's largest and highest resolution digital flat panel displays up to 2560x16003
Integrated HDTV encoder provides analog TV-output (Component/Composite/S-Video) up to 1080i resolution
Full NVIDIA® nView® multi-display technology capability

What kind of TV do you have? Are you planning on upgrading soon? Do you do tons of gaming?

Just wondering why you got such a nice card for an analog TV. I use a $20 ATI 9000 Pro to connect to my analog TVs, since that's about as good as the PQ will get.

Quixote said:
I've just ordered a 7900 GTX extreme, and I noticed that it has, in addition to 2 monitor connections, an HDTV connection instead of an S-Video connection.
Uh. what do you mean "HDTV connection?" There really isn't such a thing. You can connect to HD by Component, DVI or HDMI cables/interfaces.

Thanks for the help. I've since done more reading and found that I will in fact be able to use an S-video cable.

I like to use my computer for gaming, but also watching movies on the television on occassion.

These are the connections I was talking about:
P450-7824-out2-hl.jpg

Back