Ipod touch question.

Although I have repeated this in other threads when it comes to Whole home audio.

Casatunes is so simple, quick and works. People need to take a little more time and do the research. There currently is no other solution out their that allows me to use my Ipod touch, web browser, media server for music and integration into other devices..plus cost effective. I have been looking for about 2 years and nothing. I did some testing controling Casatunes with my M1G the other day...and I can get CasaTunes to work outside of the new audio support that was release by ELK.

Honestly, I am going to say this again...(even though CasaTunes sells wall mount controllers). Wall mounts are useless. Why do I want to get up and look at a wall to change my music? Volume...base/treble etc? $200 for an Ipod Touch x2 and we are in the game. I create playlists, see album art..and the list goes on....

Most important...my WIFE can actually use the system without daily support.

kev

p.s. And I DO NOT work for Casatunes...

I am familiar with many forms of electronics and have a lot of the latest things. I have a Russound cav6.6, I use Casatunes on my computer to help out with running my Russound and the meta data etc. I would like a little help though. I am not familiar with the ipod touch and how I could incorporate it into my system and helping me to run my Russound. Could anyone be so kind to give me a little help on what it does exactly. Thanks.

Since you already have CasaTunes to control your Russound all you need to do is go to Casatunes Website and download the latest version of Casatunes software on our server. Then download CasaTunes app on your iTouch. The iTouch does have to be on the same wireless network your server is on. Find the ip address of your server and put this in the settings of the Casatunes app on your iTouch and you will be able to control your Russound system via your iTouch.

This is FREE if you own CasaTunes!!!

Thank you,
CasaTunes

What if I want to use a netbook? What do I need to do for that?

I am familiar with many forms of electronics and have a lot of the latest things. I have a Russound cav6.6, I use Casatunes on my computer to help out with running my Russound and the meta data etc. I would like a little help though. I am not familiar with the ipod touch and how I could incorporate it into my system and helping me to run my Russound. Could anyone be so kind to give me a little help on what it does exactly. Thanks.

Since you already have CasaTunes to control your Russound all you need to do is go to Casatunes Website and download the latest version of Casatunes software on our server. Then download CasaTunes app on your iTouch. The iTouch does have to be on the same wireless network your server is on. Find the ip address of your server and put this in the settings of the Casatunes app on your iTouch and you will be able to control your Russound system via your iTouch.

This is FREE if you own CasaTunes!!!

Thank you,
CasaTunes

What if I want to use a netbook? What do I need to do for that?

CasaTunes creates a website on your server that allows you to control it via the website. If your Netbook uses your wireless/or wired network then you will have no issues controlling your music through your web browser.

How will that compare with that to the itouch?

For the netbook we have heard the chrome browser works better than IE or Firefox. The netbook has to be on your network like Kevin said(wired or wireless) then just open up your web-browser and type in the address "the name of your music server"/casatunes and our GUI will come up to control the audio in your home. The iTouch app is definitely has some more perks than our GUI at this point. It has the ability to save playlists(this music can come from iTunes and WMP), the ability to see what is playing in each source, shake to change a song in your queue, and you can add multiple wake up events. We will be rolling the majority of these upgrades into our GUI at some point this year.

Thanks,

CasaTunes

You have a great piece of software. I am impressed at how you keep it updated and I like the GUI. If you add this it will make it unbeatable in my eyes. Thanks for your dedication.

How will that compare with that to the itouch?

For the netbook we have heard the chrome browser works better than IE or Firefox. The netbook has to be on your network like Kevin said(wired or wireless) then just open up your web-browser and type in the address "the name of your music server"/casatunes and our GUI will come up to control the audio in your home. The iTouch app is definitely has some more perks than our GUI at this point. It has the ability to save playlists(this music can come from iTunes and WMP), the ability to see what is playing in each source, shake to change a song in your queue, and you can add multiple wake up events. We will be rolling the majority of these upgrades into our GUI at some point this year.

Thanks,

CasaTunes

On checkout I see there is a place to put in a discount code. Can you hook up some cocooners with a code? I'm looking to expand the capabilities of my nuvo system and itouch. Thanks in advance!

I created an app, called LlamaPanel, that controls your Russound system from an iPod Touch or iPhone. A new product, LlamaPanel Pro is coming this week and will support metadata from the iPod bridge. The current version works well, but was more of a beta. You can find more details here:

http://www.llamasoftware.net

I am also open to any ideas for supporting metadata from casatunes/itunes/CQC/etc. Just send me a protocol that I can use/decode and I'll make it happen.

PM me and I'll send you a promo code once the new versions are active. Attaching screenshots. I'll make another post when the new version is available.

Screenshot1.PNG
Screenshot3.PNG

I use CommandFusion iViewer (iPad,iTouch,iPhone) which has a GUI builder that lets you design your own remote. I control
RadioRa2
Onkyo875 (3 zones)
DirecTV
XBMC
60 LG Plasma
32 LG LCD
Insignia receiver (cheap, used to power zone 3 on the onkyo)

Can't post pix or links yet or I would.

Back