Site Upgrade

I really like the look and feel of the upgrade!!

The only I miss is the useful homepage with all the links / post summaries prior to entering the forum.

Great job so far!

PS - I was wondering if this announcement was posted in the wrong forum. I had been scratching my head looking for a site announcement earlier, but didn't see it in the most obvious forum to me - "feedback". I only saw later that this announcement was in the "articles" sub-forum, which didn't seem to be the right place. An "announcements" forum or the "feedback" forum would be better places to announce software changes to this place, I think. :blink:

WOW what a change. I thought things changed from earlier today.

I hope so. I liked the unique old look, now you look just like every (yawn) other site I visit.
I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

As a newbie it took me a while to adjust to the unique forum format prior to this.

As forums get more popular, the forum software needs to be updated to make it more intuitive to use to use. It's part of a natural evolution of forums.

I'm really glad I found this place, and I think this new forum format will make it much more accessible than previously.

This default template is only temporary. The new design will be much better, it will be nice and very easy to use, and won't have the limitations the old design had. I needed the new software online to make building the new skin and other parts of the site easier.

The showcase comments forum has been removed, and the posts have been merged with their parent showcase thread. Posting a comment no longer requires an approval, hopefully this will make things easier.

Before I forget, I am now able to turn on support for 3 letter searches, so no need to use Google anymore.

OMG! Thank you! Way over due!! Please leave this skin as an option. It's easy on the eyes and I love the fluid look.

I just found out the hard way that people who were in my PM address book before were now on the 'block' list. It did say 'allow', but that doesn't make sense, so if you don't mind, check if you have the same problem, it might explain why some people are ignoring your message :p Hopefully it was just a single occurrence.

Thus far although pretty bright :) I'm loving it.

The quote functions are awesome!!!

Best I have ever used, lightyears ahead of the old. I don't know if you follow my posting style but I quote A LOT and often multiple quotes in each post.

I dunno if it's a hack or included in the package but it's the best I've used... Totally intuitive.

Back