Pete's Blog Home Assistant Alarm Keypad display

Blog posts by pete_c
PUB omnilink/areaX/command
string arm_home, arm_away, arm_night, disarm, arm_home_instant, arm_night_delay, arm_vacation
note Use area 0 for all areas
note Optionally the user code number can be specified 'disarm,1'

I thought this meant i could pass the PIN but it looks like its just the user number in the HAI config. so I have a panel now to accept a pin but its not getting processed. Any thoughts?

so this works and will do local code validation before using MQTT to disarm/arm the HAI panel through OmniLinkBridge

# Example using numeric code with remote validation configuration.yaml
mqtt:
alarm_control_panel:
- name: "HAI Alarm"
state_topic: "omnilink/area1/state"
availability_topic: "omnilink/status"
value_template: "{{ value_json.state }}"
command_topic: "omnilink/area1/command"
code: 1234
command_template: >
{{ action }}

then use the default Alarm Panel card pointing to this entity.

The developer of OmniLinkBridge is adding in the PIN code verification logic now so we can pass the PIN directly from HA using this code.

mqtt:
alarm_control_panel:
- name: "HAI Alarm"
state_topic: "omnilink/area1/state"
availability_topic: "omnilink/status"
value_template: "{{ value_json.state }}"
command_topic: "omnilink/area1/command"
unique_id: "hai_alarm1"
code: REMOTE_CODE
command_template: >
{{ action }},{{ code }}

He said he expects to release the update tomorrow.

release is out and tested - works great with no changes to the yaml file.

Do you have HAI thermostats on your system? I'm able to modify the set point using the thermostat app but when using an automation i'm stuck. I've tried Actions-->devices-->omnilink but the only options are mode, fan, humidity set point, preset. It I try call service--> climate: set temperature i've tried Temp, Target High and Target Low but none of them seem to work. I don't see those values being published out to MQTT.
Any ideas?

UPDATE: NEVER MIND on the thermostats - It looks like you have to always set a low and a high temp when using the service....odd

Last edited:
Great news @madas

Does the keypad show up now in the alarm display automagically?

See the updates this morning.

HA Core update to 22.10.5
and OmniLinkBridge update to 1.1.13

Waiting here as my Alexa devices all chat when I restart HA.

I am still using my 15 tabletop touchscreens here to run OmnitouchPro and Homeseer Touch. Both with custom templates running.

I am using one OmniStat here and testing one Zigbee thermostat. Do not automate temps here just monitor temps and humidity. I have sensors all over the house. Typically keep the thermostat at 72 during the summer or winter. In house number 2 recently installed a Honeywell ZWave thermostat which works fine with HA and Ring.

yes - it showed up automatically you just need to add that line to the .ini file and i restarted.

mqtt_discovery_area_code_required=1 (1 is the area code).

I have 8 OmniTouch 5.7e's as well but they are starting to die.

Thanks @madas.

Yes here only using one Omnitouch 5.7e these days. Very very slow.

I liked the simpler Omnitouch 5.7's that I had originally configured with the touchscreen /video distribution board. Functional and simple.

Omnitouch Pro software runs quickly on any version of Windows these days. It is a PITA to design the screens that are running on embedded windows. I have a remote agent running on the tabletops which remotes the functions of the touchscreens.

Fully Kiosk + the Browser HA

People told me thats the way to go over the app. Have you heard different?

Been tinkering a bit with HA Home Panel. I like the HA Android app better though.

There is also a Kodi HA plugin which works nicely on the big screen...its very tweakable...

Tablets here run Windows 11. Tinkering with the Asus all in one very flat touchscreen. Runs Linux too.

Asus V161

The Asus AIO is meant to be a POS touchscreen. I have been able to POE power it.

Larger wall mounted touchscreens are very low on the WAF here though...had them in old house and never used them much...

Don't want to hang a tablet on the wall though. The tabletops do not have batteries and have Gb, WLAN, Bluetooth, Zigbee and DECT chips....they were designed by John Skully after he was let go from Apple and built ahead of their time to be apple killers...old now design is from 2011. These are up 24/7 now since around 2012 and never have had an issue with them....Intel Atom based (one of the first Intel ventures). I was able to purchase prototypes meant for Cisco way long time ago.

Last edited:
Back