NQ Link - Android App for OmniPro II

Mine updated and is also working now.  When I searched the PlayStore on my laptop I could not find the NQLink app.  My phone lists it as OmniLink II.    All I could find in the PlayStore from the developer Microtron was the SnapLink II app and HI-FI2 Pro app.  Just odd and confusing naming.  Anyway, glad to see things working but concerned what will happen in the near future. 

I noticed that too. I wonder if he's pulled it from the store? Made the new version subscription only, while honouring those who paid for the previous version. I'm fine with that and think that's an appropriate approach. I had the find the app in my "Family Library" section.

Either way, to the developer - thank you for doing the right thing and honouring your customers who supported you from the start!

Mine is working after todays update as well.

I think what the dev did was made the "Snaplink II" app the monthly subscription version and the nqlink/omnilink apps the paid in full version. I feel this is fair and am grateful that he listened to his customers on fixing this issue.

I just updated to 4.4.3 and the app is now working the way it should. Maybe the developer or whoever runs the show for the NQLink app realized it's not a good business decision blind side customers with monthly fees.  I can understand the demand for the app has probably dropped off significantly since Leviton shut down HAI but monthly fees are not the answer. Glad to have control of my OmniPro II back again, hopefully it will stay that way :unsure:

Folks,

I may be late to this string...but I'm one of the old users that tried opening the program, and it's going to a signup for the monthly subscription?

First of all, I didn't realize that someone has access to the program on my phone to be able to lock me out of the program/

And, i was not aware that the purchase was limited to a timeframe?

What's the suggested program to use moving forward as I can get past the "required subscription" screen now?

Milan188, Can you message me please?

I will follow the other people in the thread and file a report with GooglePlay as I purchased the Pro Version for a flat fee, and there was no mention of a subscription fee every being required.

The developer has eliminated the subscription fee requirement and has released version 4.4.3.
It was a big mistake, just check the reviews on the play store
If you update the app you should be back in business.

CFW said:
The developer has eliminated the subscription fee requirement and has released version 4.4.3.

CFW said:

Just looked at the notes of 4.4.3, and it states a $1.99/month?

Since I was locked out without paying the monthly subscription fee required in ver 4.4.0..., I had nothing to loose by updating to 4.4.3. 

it now works without paying a monthly subscription.

We'll see if that pops back up over time....

Version 4.4.6 is out now. Im on 4.4.5 and there is no subscription but not sure if this new update adds it again. Anyone running this version and confirm theres no subscription added back?

Dear All,

Sorry about added subscription immediately without annouce. Since OP discontinue the income from new buyer so weak, so I think you willing to share little fee to keep app survival but lot of user were told No for that.The app look like your vehicle that need maintain, fix deprecated code, fix bugs event caused by OS upgrade .,etc to keep app work fluently.

I decided return one time paid version to user without subscription requirement and the version 4.6 is last update version fix bugs report by users. 

since today, I only support 2 version:

Android:

https://play.google....i_controller_II

iOS in development :

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1524690733

Thank you for your support!

I'd like to be the first to applaud LQtechvn for "doing the right thing" here.  Like most folks, I dislike (and avoid whenever I can) subscription model pricing for software, and I agree with most of the thread comments made in the last 2 weeks that what he did (by changing the pricing WITHOUT notification OR the possibility to opt out for existing customers) was HIGHLY unethical to say the least.

Having said that, his reasoning for moving to a subscription model going forward seems justified in light of the 2 things he mentions:
  1. A small (and rapidly diminishing) customer base for his product.
  2. His continuing work on the product to fix bugs and make updates required by OS changes.
I think most folks who've used this app will agree that it's the best UI to the OP2 that we've ever seen.  Even when I'm home and have PC Access loaded up on my laptop, I prefer to use NQLink for non-setup related tasks.
I will probably stay with the current product on my Android tablet, but may start using (and paying for) the new iOS version on my phone if it works as well.

Thanks again for removing the subscription requirement for your loyal NQLink customers.

Mine started crashing after my Pixel updated to the latest version of Android overnight yesterday. 
I haven't tried temperatures yet, but buttons crash the app for me. 

After seeing the posts above, I just checked my NQLink 4.4.6 lighting control and its now FUBAR. App does not recognize what lights are on or off. I can turn lights on but not off, and the app keeps crashing. 

Back