OmniTouch 7

SJHart said:
Seems pretty solid now with the latest firmware for general use in my setup. It is fast. SJ
Worthington has a promotion this month.  I still have two unistalled 5.7e's in box in my house.  Should I jump or wait?

Guys, I hope you all understand, but there are things that I (or technical support) just can't address or talk about right now. So please don't confuse that or take it to mean something else, I assure you WE DO HEAR YOU. 

I've never been more excited to be working for a company, great things to come!

P.S. I have OT7's in my own home. Love them. 

Aaron, thank you for commenting.  I know you're in a tough spot; in spite of my obvious frustrations, I understand the delicate balance between what you're working on and what you can/cannot talk about.

That said...

If there is any way possible, can you just tell me this: are we going to get the ability to "pop" cameras on the OT7 based on event (i.e., motion triggers) any time soon?  I have a customer for whom we "upgraded" their screens from the 5.7e to the 7, and they are badgering the heck out of me on this point because they just don't understand why the new screens won't do what the old ones did...

Can you toss a bone, please please please?

codybear said:
Worthington has a promotion this month.  I still have two unistalled 5.7e's in box in my house.  Should I jump or wait?
I never had the 5.7e panel only the original. Not sure of the feature set, but I'm satisfied with my OT7. SJ

SJHart said:
Makes me wonder if the whole company is focused on the new three series controller? SJ

rkVueKJ.jpg

Yeah. OP 3 all IP! Probably add a wireless 45A00 that is also connected via IP etc. I hope my router doesn't fail! SJ

Just keep the wired security, sensors etc....! Wireless just isn't reliable enough. Maybe a new thread with wish lists for OP3 would be a good idea.

Anyone know how to clear trouble messages on the OT7?  I had a power outage and it says "AC Power Failure" on the bottom left of all the screens but nothing I do will clear it.

I even tried the "clear messages" button in the Settings screen but it did nothing - (even though the "display message" function in the PCAccess programming no longer works for the OT7...)

Is this another broken thing about the OT7?

I think they should add someway to fully reboot without unplugging the power. Save/exit doesn't do a full reboot of the OT7. SJ

Just tested my system with 1.6 installed, no metadata on the OT 7 from the Russound. Metadata works on 5.7, omnitouch PRO, and my HAI Snap Link on iPad... so everything BUT...OT 7.

How hard is it really to get this working. Guess the other three OT 7's stay in the box for now.

Back