HAI OP2 "NO CONTOLLER DATA"

bighorn

Issue Background:
  • Stable HAI OP2 (4.0B) in place for 10+ years with no changes to hardware/software in 2 years.</li>
  • While away on vacation I received Omni Notifier message Freeze Alarm &quot;FREEZE ALARM TRIPPED</li>
  • 5 minutes later I received Omni Notifier message ALARM RESET</li>
  • It's the middle of the summer and I live the desert so I knew it couldnt be freezing in my house, but couldnt access my panel via MyroHome app.</li>
  • A week later I returned home to find both my HAI keypad beeping and reporting NO CONTROLLER DATA (NCD)

Solutions Attempted:</p>
  • Did a system reboot by disconnecting battery and turning power off/on. Keypads still report NCD</li>
  • Disconnected battery and unplugged Ethernet cable and OmniNotifier cables and waitied 2 hours: Keypads report NCD. Pushed white reset button. NCD.</li>
  • Checked Power Level Outputs: Battery level: initially reported 12v, but later tests show ~13.5v, Tested connected Elk Power Supply 28.3v, Other Brand PS reported 27.2v. Swapped Elk with backup PS, reboot and still NCD.</li>
  • Connected a backup HAI keypad by short wiring it directly to panel. (Existing two keypads not connected while short wired keypad is connected.) Rebooted and NCD.
  • Tried Keyboard reset of hold 7 and down arrow, gets beeps, but then shows ??????????????????????????. Hold down 7 and down arrow and keypad returns to NCD. When the instructions say hit key 0-9 does that mean any of the 10 keys or 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9? I think Ive tried most combinations, but maybe somebody has some insights.

System Status:
  • OP2 Blinks LED status two solid and center LED pulses/per second.</li>
  • Ethernet LED light flash and stops flashing when unplug CAT5, then flashed when Ethernet is connected again.
  • Omni Notifier yellow LEDs flash.
  • Panel &quot;appears' to be functioning, but I cannot access it via Keypads or PCAccess via Ethernet.

I have also tried to connect via Serial connection, but historically havent done Serial connections and Im not sure if my PCAccess is configured correctly for Serial Connection and/or if my USB adaptor is working. Would prefer to connect via Ethernet.

Note that I have two Keypads connected to panel and both report NCD. The short wired Keypad is an older back up Keypad that also reports NCD.<br />

I've also posting this under my previous thread to see if the problems are related. The difference now is that I cannot access panel via Ethernet PCAccess to write to controller previous file.

Anyone have a similar experience or suggestions on a solution? Thanks!</p>

Is the big capacitor next to the power input wires bulging or leaking. This caused me all sorts of issues until it was repaired. I have seen this on a first generation OmniPro 2 panel. You might have to send it to Leviton for repair.

Last edited:
Hi Pete. Thanks for your help. Not exactly sure what you mean so Ive attached a picture. Can you see anything that looks blown or bulging? Happy to upload more photos if Im looking in the wrong place.
Thanks!

Attachments

• ED306107-6013-4B52-8BEB-CAE3B4295FD2.jpeg
    ED306107-6013-4B52-8BEB-CAE3B4295FD2.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 16
I am pleased to report that I sent my OP2 to Leviton under their RMA program. Board came back and was reinstalled, project files uploaded with PCA and everything is working perfectly. Hope my OP2 continues to serve me for many years to come.

@bighorn,

I couldn't tell if the large capacitor was bulging from the picture. I have an OmniPro 2 first version that the capacitor did bulge and leak a few years ago.

I was wondering if these panels were affected by the capacitor plague, but I must have missed it when checking some pics for caps.

I am pleased to report that I sent my OP2 to Leviton under their RMA program. Board came back and was reinstalled, project files uploaded with PCA and everything is working perfectly. Hope my OP2 continues to serve me for many years to come.
Hi Bighorn,
Did you save the RA paperwork from your repair? It would be interesting to know if they list the components replaced. My most recent repairs were all replaced with new boards.... I'm thinking about keeping a spreadsheet of repairs to see if there are common component failures.
Don

Did you save the RA paperwork from your repair? It would be interesting to know if they list the components replaced. My most recent repairs were all replaced with new boards.... I'm thinking about keeping a spreadsheet of repairs to see if there are common component failures.
Hi Don,
I unfortunately didn't get any paperwork back with my repair. I paid for expedited 1-day repair service and overnight shipping if that tells you anything. I did take pictures of my board's serial number and I'm confident I got my same board back.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful. Happy to report the Leviton repair services worked well.

Thanks for the reply. Usually there is a yellow sheet in the box with the repair data. It usually lists the condition of the board as received and
what was repaired. Maybe because of the expedited repair, the paperwork didn't get generated before it shipped.
Don

I don't have the box anymore, but didn't see anything when it arrived. maybe it was because of the expedited repair and overnight shipping?

Back